RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PER EVENT
The purpose for these youth basketball tournaments is to promote youth basketball in Georgia & surrounding areas while providing a safe, fun and competitive option for youth tournament level play. It is also our goal to support and ensure good sportsmanship and fair play among all youth participants.
Grade: K - 12th. Boys and Girls ages 5-19 yrs old
We use the student athlete’s age for our divisions. For example 13u is 7th grade as 14u is 8th grade and so forth. We understand that in these transition years that some organizations that play in other leagues i.e YBOA still use the grade level system for age verification therefore we hold the right to use the 2018 AAU age eligibility rules as well as the other grade level age verification process unless otherwise specified ( see our website for link to AAU age rules ). All FINAL decisions in these cases will be made by the tournament directors & all decisions are final.
2. All team rosters and fees must be submitted before teams are allowed to participate.
3. Teams are required to produce proper eligibility documentation (i.e birth certificate &/or report card) before the team’s first game of the event for all players on their organization’s official team roster or they will forfeit that game & and any other game until the documents are produced. (Easiest thing to do: bring proper documents with you to ALL GAMES to ensure no issues regarding player eligibility) ALL FINAL DECISIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS.
1. Teams must wear numbered, non duplicating same colored tops and similar colored shorts during all games.
2. No Jewelry is allowed during games; this includes but is not limited to rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces and earrings. Only soft hair bands and ties are allowed during games.
IV. PARTICIPATION RULES
1. Teams may ONLY consist of players that are on the current team roster that MUST be submitted by each team prior to their first game. Player added after the roster form will result in forfeiture of the game in question. The Roster may not exceed 15 players unless previously discussed with Tournament management
2. A player may NOT play on 2 different teams in the SAME age group during the tournament for any reason. NO EXCEPTIONS. They MAY play in 2 different age groups if the player is listed on both teams rosters prior to each team’s first game.
3. Players found in violation of any of the participation requirements will be immediately disqualified from the tournament and all games the team played with that player will be declared forfeits. All decisions made in these cases will be made by the Tournament Director(s) in charge and are FINAL.
V. GAME RULES
A team must have at least 5 players to start a game unless agreed upon by both teams. A team may play with less than 5 players during a game as long as the original starting requirements were met. Players are allowed 5 personal fouls. Technical fouls DO count as personal fouls.- All decisions made in these cases will be made by the Tournament Director(s) in charge.
Age Time Length Foul Line Goal
of Quarters Distance Height
K-5th Grades 6 minutes 15 feet 10 feet
6th- 8th Grades 7 minutes 15 feet 10 feet
when a team is leading by more than 20 points
**If a team has a lead of more than 20 points, the clock will not stop until the lead falls below the 10 point mark or time runs out.
are required to produce proper eligibility documentation (i.e birth
certificate &/or report card). (Easiest thing to do: bring proper
documents with you to ALL GAMES to ensure no issues for your
VI. CODE of CONDUCT
The Cobb County Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs Department has adopted a general code of conduct policy for all County run athletic facilities. A copy will be posted on-site. By entering a Cobb County facility you have agreed to this policy.
ALL FINAL DECISIONS THAT ARE MADE IN ALL MATTERS ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS